CORE JOB SUMMARY:
Handles multiple applications, systems, network, and/or telecommunications activities. Manages information systems throughout the organization. May include programming, analysis, networking, data processing, and/or administration responsibilities. Resolves technical problems. Researches and recommends technology. Coordinates information system priorities.
- Plans, designs, and develops information systems for the organization and/or program.
- Generates, creates, and maintains information technology and systems.
- Provides recommendations on tools to monitor and support all environments.
- Typically makes process and system improvement recommendations to assist the business in achieving its goals and objectives, leveraging best practices and professional experiences. May recommend improvement in programs and procedures to simplify or maximize system capabilities and efficiency of operations.
- May gather data and requirements, and perform analysis for modification of existing systems or developing new systems.
- May assist with planning, designing, and evaluating a variety of information technology tools.
- Typically analyzes and solves technology problems, and assures technology meets the needs of the organization.
- This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and responsibilities. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
ROLE, JOB SCOPE:
- Frequent use and general knowledge of industry practices, techniques and standards. Has moderate skill sets & developing proficiency within field and knowledge of company, processes & customers.
- Problem Solving - Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity. Refers to policies and practices for guidance.
- Discretion/Latitude - Works under very general supervision. Follows established procedures.
- Impact - Contributes to the completion of team objectives, organizational projects and goals. Errors or failure to achieve results or erroneous decisions or recommendations may cause delays in schedules & result in allocation of additional resources.
- Liaison/Leadership - Frequent internal company and external contacts. Represents organization on specific projects.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree and two years related experience, or a combination of equivalent experience and training.
- Linux experience - Required
- Secret clearance - Required
- COMPTIA Security+ CE - Required
- SCRUM Master - Preferred
- ECDIS and C2 System experience - Preferred